Infrastructure management application
Category: | Industry: Property
The client is from Sweden and we have been working with them since late 2008.
We helped them build an open source application for infrastructure management and due diligence.
Interesting technologies include:
- Using spreadsheet gem to import an Excel file
- Using prawn instead of pdf-writer gem which is scheduled to be deprecated.
- Using capistrano to configure server. Yes, we can use capistrano to update apache conf, update cron job, etc.
- erubis instead of erb, much faster.
- Using nkallen-cache-money, which is used, developed, released by twitter to scale a Rails application