Flex Desktop Department Store Management Application
Category: | Industry: Trade & Retail
The Client is from Denmark and we have been working with him since the late of 2009, we have been developing a desktop application based on Adobe AIR for managing products, employees and departments including documents for company like Wall Mart Application for Department Store with Ruby on Rails as the webservice.
The interesting technologies include:
- Using gem of Ruby on Rails for working with Google Document products like spreadsheet, PDF and document.
- Using gem of Ruby on Rails for working with Google Contacts.
- Using gem of Ruby on Rails for working with Google Email, like IMAP and SMTP.
- Using cloud file server in Nirvanix for storing department files and reports.
- Using cloud server of Heroku for handling jobs like cron and process business in webservice
- Using Adobe AIR technology for client side application which can run overlying for all OSes.
- Using Zindus plugin for export and import google contact of employee and department and thirdparty software (We did hack for zindus to display some data from our requirements in Thunderbird). The issues has been reported to author of Zindus and already patched by the author using our script.
What the application does:
- Manage product data, export data CSV to Google spreadsheet and import data from Google spreadsheet to database
- Manage document using Google document editor from AIR and store in Google document and if client needs to download or backup, we use Nirvanix, cloud file, and thus the file can be read using MS Word
- Write and read email as resource for employee and department in Adobe AIR application
- Add, edit and delete employee, company and department profile to Google contact through Adobe AIR which will be available in Thunderbird using our custom zindus plugin
- Manage Project tracker by hours and minutes.
- Export Google contact data to PDF using Adobe AIR like Card Name.
- Put role of play for employee and department to have rights for access document, contact and product.
This application is still open to further development towards more complex features because the application will be projected for handling other companies in Denmark.